K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group Company, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. Bethune mine, formerly known as the Legacy Project, is the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. The Bethune mine has created new job opportunities for Saskatchewan workers and new business opportunities for Saskatchewan companies supplying goods and services to this major economic development. All sales and distribution of the potash produced at the Bethune mine will be carried out through the K+S Group’s experienced and well-established global distribution structures. K+S Potash Canada is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers for 2018. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Occupational Health Nurse
As the Occupation Health Nurse for the KSPC team, you will be reporting to the Health & Safety Manager and will be responsible for providing primary medical care for workplace injuries and support to employees with other non-work related ailments. During an emergency response event you will be expected to implement first aid and medical treatment protocols and provide guidance to Emergency Response Team Members during an event. You will also :
- Act as a resource to Internal Emergency Response Teams
- Provide treatment of work place related injuries and medical condition to employees and contractors
- Support Emergency Response Teams during an event with oversight of medical treatment and care
- Provide education to workforce on health and wellness and perform health tests as prescribed by the company
- Inspect and maintain equipment as prescribed by the manufacturer or company
- Liaise with Workers Compensation, retaining knowledge of current requirements and trend and monitor Workers Compensation cases and report as required to WCB and site management
- Liaise with family physicians, specialists and disability provider regarding workers injuries and illnesses, functional capabilities and physical demands analysis
- Manages the return to work process
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in Nursing (RN Required)
- 3-5 years of experience in the nursing and medical field, with a focus in an industrial and occupational health setting
- Experience with disability and claims management processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Working knowledge of safety, security and the environment
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
This position works a schedule that provides 7 day a week coverage including weekends and will be required to work additional hours during peak times such as planned shut-down activities.
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by September 30, 2020.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.