K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
Manager, Total Rewards & HRIS
KSPC is looking for a Manager, Total Rewards & HRIS to join our team on a temporary basis. Reporting to the Senior Manager, People & Organization, you will be responsible for the delivery of compensation programs, benefit programs, and recognition initiatives that position KSPC as an employer of choice and that retain our top talent. You will be a trusted advisor to leadership for the strategy and design of Total Rewards programs and a subject matter expert for these programs and job evaluation. You will lead a team including payroll, total rewards, employee services and HRIS support functions. You will work closely with the other HR leadership functions to provide exceptional HR service to the business. KSPC is rolling out an updated compensation structure in 2023 and one of your first areas of focus will be supporting the annual merit process in Workday and supporting the transition to the new compensation structure.
This is a 16 month term position.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain a high performance workforce. Monitor all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment
- Coordinate the development, design and implementation of corporate benefits, pension, compensation and policies
- Coordinate company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators and other outside sources
- Responsible to ensure pay equity across the organization
- Conduct Job Evaluation for local and global levels
- Responsible to support functions with strategic remuneration strategies and educate all levels of the organization on total rewards philosophy
- Lead salary review process and manage to budget
- Provide leadership to the Payroll function
- Provide expertise for Workday support
- Support the further development of KPIs and provide data insights to the organization
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years in Compensation
- Experience in an HR leadership position is an asset
- Experience using Workday is an asset; especially the Advanced Compensation module
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development
- CPHR designation or equivalent is preferred
- Experience in working with business leaders in a consultative capacity
- Solid understanding of regulatory environment including all employment and human rights legislation
- Experience in HR program implementation and communication strategies
- Proven deep technical knowledge of base and variable pay practices, processes, and policies
- Proven knowledge market-leading practices including the design, development and direction of Total Rewards programs
The preferred location of this position is Bethune mine (Regina or Moose Jaw) or Saskatoon however, this position could work remotely within Canada. Flexible work arrangement will be considered.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by October 7, 2022.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.