K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Project Management within the Projects & Technology department, the Project Manager is responsible for managing projects for KSPC, from project initiation through implementation and turnover to operations.
The types of projects this position will be responsible to lead are maintenance projects and multi year base capex.
The project management role communicates project status including progress, risk/opportunities, schedule, and cost performance indicators in the project portfolio list.
You will also perform the following tasks:
- Ensure projects are executed according to the agreed upon project charter and approvals
- Ensure project delivery schedule and scope meets the operational objectives
- Responsible to work with KSPC corporate affairs team and on project related issues. This includes applying and managing grants, permitting and communications required
- Work with the capital projects controller to ensure cost of the projects are within budget and meet corporate reporting and accounting guidelines
- Project Change management from project activities or external client ensuring changes are evaluated before being implanted
- Coordinate with Operations and Engineering to complete technical design deliverables/project scope trade off evaluations
- Manage multi-discipline projects and a project team (indirect) for small projects (5-10 people). Project manager will need to develop resource plans for project execution and manage the project task for that team member
- Work with procurement to purchase materials, setup contracts and complete bid evaluations
- Work with planner to issue work package and develop material and contracting plans
- Assist construction coordinators with technical questions and support.
- Ensure that K+S Potash Canada is at all times in compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental regulatory and internal laws and policies
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a heavy industrial setting. (Potash experience preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in project management
- Bachelor’s degree, or 10 years project/trade/operations experience
- Experience working/communicating with government and regulatory groups is preferred
- Strong communication skills including demonstrated facilitation skills
- PMP designation (preferred)
- Experience adapting to and overcoming changing priorities and challenges
- Experience building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders
- A high safety standard for themselves and their colleagues
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by August 21, 2022.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.