K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
The Maintenance Machinist (preferred Machinist/Industrial Mechanic dual trade) will, as part of the Maintenance team, be responsible for executing assigned system maintenance and service tasks including but not limited to, General Manual and CNC Machining Tasks. As part of the dual trade would also require Rebuilding Rotating Equipment including but not limited to, Pumps, Gearboxes, Compressors, Motors, Valves, Piping, Fans and Vessels. The successful candidate will:
- Have advanced competency in the operation of trade related equipment and tools such as, but not limited to, Lathes, Milling Machines, Radial Arm Drill, Surface Grinder, Iron Worker, Key Seater, and Precision Measuring/Layout Tools
- Read, understand and create CNC programs for CNC equipment
- Have extensive knowledge of use and care of cutting tools (carbide, high-speed steel, ceramic etc.)
- Read and interpret blueprints/drawings and produce rough sketches suitable for converting to an engineered drawing
- Inspect raw and finished material to verify specifications have been met
- Able to install and rebuild Rotating Equipment with high standards in quality to achieve World Class standards
- Operate and inspect material handling equipment such as mobile, bridge and jib cranes, forklifts, telehandlers and pickup trucks
- Operate and inspect handheld equipment such as torches, pneumatic/power actuated tools, hand lever hoists, rigging equipment, etc.
- Perform all maintenance tasks in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Regulations, Environmental Rules and Regulations and Internal Policies
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Journeyman Trade Certification as Industrial Machinist/ Industrial Mechanic
- Preferred • 5-8 years combined industrial experience in a general service machine shop or manufacturing/mining operation as a Journeyperson Machinist/Industrial Mechanic
- Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions and documents as well as ability to write technical reports and procedure
- Exercise good judgment in planning, organization and completion of assignments
- Demonstrates flexibility in uncertain situations and adapts well to change
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve work issues that arise
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by August 12, 2022.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.