K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Design, you will be responsible for assisting in developing, auditing standard work practices, procedures, and work-flows for the design team. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead development of standard work practices, procedures, and workflows within technical scope of expertise
- Support and become proficient within Aveva, Inventor, SAP, AutoCAD, etc.
- Develop detail drawings and layouts for Equipment, Chutes, Dust Collection/Piping, etc.
- Lead Mechanical projects from start to end, coordinate with the different stakeholders to provide a solution and work with Mechanical engineer when needed to ensure the mechanical design is adequate
- Control and coordinate KSPC Mechanical drafting standards from 3rd Parties
- Work with the Mechanical Engineer to develop the required Mechanical design
- Generate and Update the Mechanical portion of the 3D Model
- Provide quantities from the 3D Model to develop MTO reports
- Generate Innovative Mechanical design that can have a positive impact on KSPC, Constructability, Maintainability, and Operations
- Apply all relevant codes and standards where required.
- Maintaining Mechanical drawing standards for KSPC and contractors
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma in CAD/CAM Engineering Technology, Engineering Design and Drafting Technology, or Equivalent Technology Program
- Excellent working knowledge of AVEVA (PDMS, Engineering), AutoCAD
- 8-15 years experience in heavy industrial engineering design. Specific experience with design of potash facilities is considered an asset
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
The preferred location of this position is Bethune however, this position could work out of our Saskatoon location.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by August 26, 2022.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.