K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
As part of the Maintenance and Reliability team, the Maintenance Welder will be responsible for executing assigned system maintenance and service tasks on all piping systems within the wet production area. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all maintenance tasks in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Regulations, Environmental Rules and Regulations, and internal policies
- Ensure that all relevant permits, hazard assessments, and Lock Out/Tag isolation forms have been properly prepared and completed prior to start of work
- Communicate/report any deficiencies or corrections noticed during routine maintenance and inspections
- Work directly with outside contractors during maintenance turnarounds
- Assist with troubleshooting and analysis of system faults and process upsets
- If required, provide hands-on equipment assistance for Commissioning and Start-up Team
- Review and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and provide feedback and corrections as required
- Participate in vendor-led commissioning/training activities
- Participation in safety working groups and training
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Journeyperson Red Seal Interprovincial Certification in Welding
- Valid T-Sask. F3-F4 welding Certification. P-Groups 1-5, Position-6G Material Thickness- Maximum
- Valid T-Sask. F5-F6 welding Certification. P-Groups 6-11, Position-6G, Material Thickness- Maximum
- Valid Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) Welding Certification “S-Class” All Positions (4F)
- Industrial/Welding/Pipefitting experience in a Manufacturing or Heavy Industrial operation
- Ability to read, comprehend and write technical instructions, reports and procedure
- Demonstrates flexibility in uncertain situations and adapts well to change
- Display the ability to synthesize data and draw conclusions
- Reviews work and provides guidance to junior team members on work activities
- Ensure safe operating procedures (SOP’s) are accurate and up to date
- Works with a strong safety orientation, and a commitment to personal safety and the safety of others
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required.
Additional qualifications are considered an asset:
- Valid T-Sask. F3 Vertical down welding Certification. P-Groups 1-5, Position-6G, Material Thickness- Maximum.
- Valid Saskatchewan General Gasfitter License
- Valid T-Sask Inconel Certification
- Duplex & Monel experience required
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by June 17, 2022.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.