K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
The communications specialist is part of the Human Resources and Communications team, and will participate in a wide variety of activities related to internal and external communications, employee engagement and community investment. This position is a three year term with possibility of extension.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and deliver projects and programs in direct support of the internal and external communications and content strategies
- Manage, develop and continuously improve the suite of internal and external communication tools
- Develop and write content for a variety of different communication tools and for diverse audiences
- Plan and execute internal and external events
- Support the development and maintenance of strong corporate culture through employee engagement activities
- Manage internal stakeholder needs, identifying objectives and aligning projects and programs with overall communications strategies and brand requirements
- Establish clear communication plans for projects and programs, implementing all planned aspects and concluding on time and on budget
- Assist with additional activities with the communications team as required, including support with media relations, crisis communications, stakeholder relations, and community investment
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communications/Public Relations, Journalism or related education
- 3-5 years of experience in communications
- Strong writing, spelling and grammatical skills
- Demonstrates ability to write for a variety of media (print and online) and to a diverse audience
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects; effective time management and organization skills is essential
- Understands and demonstrates the need for confidentiality and discretion as it relates to internal and external communication
- Familiar with creative design software (Adobe Suite) and Microsoft Office 365 (Teams, SharePoint, Basic Office Suite)
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by May 8, 2022.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.