K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
The Project Scheduler will be responsible for creating and maintaining project schedules for all projects in the Capital Project & Technology Portfolio to support Operations. This position is responsible to ensure that project schedules are continuously developed in accordance to KSPC Scheduling Standards as projects progress through the stage gate phases and that they represent an accurate and achievable plan inclusive of all stakeholder inputs and operational requirements. In addition, this position is responsible to manage the Owners Team Workforce plans including Time tracking for the Overall Portfolio.
- Develop and maintain all Project Schedules for the Project Portfolio in accordance with KSPC Scheduling Standards.
- In conjunction with the Project Managers; coordinate and communicate all inputs, reviews and updates required for an achievable/functional baseline schedule through all phases and all interfaces including; Engineering, Construction, Process, Procurement, HSSEQ, Controlling, Production, Maintenance, 3rd Parties & Vendors.
- Evaluate 3rd party Contractor schedules and perform schedule audits.
- Administration and monitoring of actual progress (physical % complete) vs planned progress and KPIs including bar charts, s-curves, manpower histograms and schedule performance indexes. Provide exception reporting and recommended actions (as required).
- Ensure change management related to schedule is followed and it is implemented within the project schedules for both internal and 3rd party.
- Work with Project Managers and Construction Leads; consolidate project tie-ins and outages from CPT into Master Outage Schedule and communicate to Operations to align with planned Outages/Shutdowns.
- Work with Project Managers, Engineers and Procurement to develop and maintain procurement tracking lists for long lead equipment.
- Support developing and maintaining detailed schedules summarizing into high level Portfolio Schedules providing an Overview of Project timelines, stages and status to Project Manager.
- Support portfolio schedule to have a forecast lookahead of at least 3 years and is to be issued quarterly at minimum.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Engineering Technologist with 3-5 years of experience in a heavy industrial process setting
- Strong software experience in scheduling platforms and excel.
- The detailed nature of data management requires exceptional organizational skills. The data and schedules are crucial to making key decisions that directly affect maintenance and operations.
- 3+ years experience with Primavera P6
- 3+ years experience project management experience on large multi year projects and small maintenance projects
- Adapts to changing priorities and challenges throughout the development and execution of projects
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops and continually refines best-practice programs and policies related to subject matter.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by May 15, 2022.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.