K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
Distributed Controls System Technician
As the Distributed Controls System Technician, you will be responsible for implementing DCS related preventive maintenance schedules, corrective maintenance, and continuous development of new logic and optimization of current configuration in the system. The position ensures the health and effectiveness of the hardware, software, programming, and networks of all DCS related systems. The DCS specialist plays an important role in assisting production and maintenance by executing changes efficiently and effectively in accordance with plant operating procedures. You will also perform the following tasks:
- Responsible to receive planned tasks to modify, configure, and maintain all control programming in the DCS, any connected PLCs, the system hardware, sub systems connected with the DCS, HMI programming and networks. This could include tasks to monitoring performance, develop a possible solution and then coordinating with maintenance and production to improve performance.
- Responsible to assist core systems trades and operations teams with field troubleshooting through the DCS which includes: Device Type Manager (DTM), PROFIBUS PA and DP, Gateway, Power Hub, Cross wire termination, I/O slave modules, Power supplies, Motor controls, Speed control loops with Variable Frequency Drives, Power Distribution control systems and relay protections, HMI graphics analysis, Alarm and interlock investigation, Control Loop Tuning
- Support modifications and additions to field equipment with associated programming and HMI
- Responsible to assist engineers with the DCS reports and interfaces which includes Historian and SmartClient interfaces
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience or Diploma in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Instrumentation and Control
- Background experience in an industrial facility with control system engineering, industrial process control and HMI programming, and associated subsystems such as historians required.
Experience with ABB 800xA is considered an asset
Experience with Rockwell equipment and software is beneficial
Experience with aforementioned control related networks is considered an asset.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by May 15, 2022.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.