K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
Program Manager, IT
Reporting to the Sr. Mgr, Information Technology the Program Manager, IT must have a sharp business mind and a proven ability to strategize and implement high-level IT program initiatives. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce quality results. The goal is to ensure that all IT programs and projects deliver the desired outcome and benefits to our organization. The successful candidate must be able to make frequent trade-offs between business targets and projects and/or operational performance. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that projects run effectively by proactively identifying and mitigating risks, managing and resolving issues, and removing impediments impacting team performance
- Manage and communicate program status to stakeholders, including executive leadership and steering committees and tactical teams
- Collaborate with leadership and other program and project leads to align priorities, integrations, and sequencing of efforts and deliverables across projects to ensure effectiveness and benefits/value realization
- Manage program and project teams for optimal return on investment and plan and capture program value and benefits
- Summarize, articulate, present, and collaborate effectively with all program and project stakeholders
- Work closely with the program sponsor to define program goals and objectives, breaking down the program into executable projects, and building the multi-year program roadmap
- Collaborate with program sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers and cross-functional teams to plan and develop scope, user stories, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree or equivalent combination of a recognized diploma and experience, in business administration, information technology, information systems, or a related field
- PMP certification is strongly preferred
- PgMP certification is an asset
- Current experience developing and supporting IT programs and projects
- Working knowledge of computer science, IT, data analytics, etc. concepts
- Experience with the organization’s core software applications, including SAP ERP and SAP Analytics Cloud or equivalent ERP software applications, is considered an asset
The preferred location of this position is Saskatoon however, this position could work out of our Bethune location. Flexible work arrangement may be considered.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by May 15, 2022.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.