K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
Data Specialist, Operations
Reporting to the Sr Mgr, Information Technology the Data Specialist, Operations, is responsible for defining, implementing, and supporting Operations Data solutions and capabilities. They provide expertise in the integration, reporting, structuring, mining, and securing of production data for the organization. They analyze business needs, document business requirements, and deliver solutions through various automation and digitization platforms, including ABB Historian, ABB Ability Knowledge Manager, OSIsoft PI, and the MS Power Platform. The Specialist will develop and maintain multiple sources of data to generate production data dashboards, reports, and forecasts using business intelligence, reporting, and analytics software capabilities. The Specialist will act as an internal expert on the collection and aggregation of production data and will prepare dashboards and reports that communicate trends, patterns and predictions, which provide knowledge and information to enhance production processes and enable decisions. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with production and mining to define metrics, guidelines, and strategies for the effective use of operations analytics, reporting, and data
- In conjunction with data owners and department managers, develop data models to support analysis
- Assist in the development of data management policies and procedures
- Work closely with production SMEs and stakeholders to create business requirement and functional specification documentation, define and create the data mapping from the source systems to the target
- Lead and perform end-to-end data validations from source to target for all new implementations
- Conduct research and make recommendations on production data infrastructure, database technologies, analytics tools, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Investigate new products, tools, and data technologies (Big Data, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Deep Learning) to add value to the operations team
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, statistics, or a related field and/or 3-5 years of equivalent work experience
- Certifications in ABB Historian, ABB Ability Knowledge Manager, OSIsoft PI, MS Power BI are preferred
- Certifications in Relational Databases, e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, mySQL are considered an asset
- Certifications in Predictive and Prescriptive Data Modeling, Regression Analysis, or Statistical Analysis are considered an asset
- Professional experience as a Data Analyst/Data Specialist with large scale operational data is a must
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing execution systems, including ABB Ability Knowledge Manager,
- OSIsoft PI, etc. is strongly preferred
- Professional experience developing dashboards, reports, and visualizations is a must
- Working technical experience with relational database servers, including Oracle, MS SQL, and MySQL
- Experience with MS Power BI, SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Python, MS Excel Visualizations is preferred
- Experience with UIPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, etc. RPA solutions is an asset
- Knowledge of process management and optimization approaches and methodologies, including LEAN, Six-Sigma, and BPMN is considered an asset
The preferred location of this position is Bethune however, this position could work out of our Saskatoon location. Flexible work arrangement may be considered.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by May 15, 2022.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.