K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
Production Operator, Power
The Production Operator, Power is part of the production team responsible for the safe operation of the Evaporation and Utilities Departments. The successful applicant will be responsible for the safe operation of Evaporators, Boilers, Gas Turbine Generators, Tank Farm, Site Utilities, and other balance of plant equipment.
The successful candidate will:
- Monitor standard operating conditions such as field alarms, set-point adjustments, operating parameters and adjust to ensure stable operation
- Troubleshoot and analyze process upset conditions to optimize production
- Input operational information into shift logs and enter maintenance notifications into SAP system to initiate repairs
- Communicate with other Panel/Field Operators and Shift Supervisors to safely start up and shutdown process equipment
- Communicate with other process areas to ensure stable operation and report process upset conditions
- Perform routine checks on Evaporation, Boiler Plant and Tank Farm Equipment
- Isolate and Lock Out process equipment for maintenance work and safe return of equipment to service
- Input operational information into shift logs
- Perform area cleanup as required to maintain high housekeeping standards and limit maintenance and reliability tasks in the area as required
- Review and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures, Lock Out Lists, and Commissioning Procedures.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- 2nd Class Power Engineering Certification is preferred; however, consideration will be given to those with a 3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate who are actively working towards a 2nd Class Certificate
- 2+ years experience
- Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions and documents as well as ability to write technical reports and procedures.
- Demonstrates flexibility in uncertain situations and adapts well to change.
- Mitigates risks within work area.
- Evaluates options and chooses the best course of action in making decisions.
- Self-motivated and team focused
- Demonstrates effective analytical and problem-solving skills to accurately identify and resolve safety and process issues.
This is a rotating 12 hour shift position including evening, weekends, and holidays. Required to climb stairs and may be required to work in hot humid conditions as well as outdoors during cold weather conditions.
The position will require manual effort ie: turning valves and periodic lifting of materials.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by April 24th, 2022.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.