K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
The Maintenance Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) will, as part of the Maintenance team, be responsible for executing assigned system maintenance and service tasks including but not limited to, Pumps, Compressors, motors, valves, piping, fans and vessels. This position may work a 24/7 shift rotation or be assigned to an Operating Area.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform all maintenance tasks in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Regulations, Environmental Rules and Regulations and Internal Policies
- Ensure that any relevant Permits, Hazard Assessments, LOTO and Isolation forms have been properly prepared and completed prior to start of work
- Communicate and Report any deficiencies or corrections noticed during routine maintenance and inspections
- Communicate with process area teams to ensure stable operation of plant equipment
- Work directly with outside contractors during minor and major maintenance turnarounds
- Assist with troubleshooting and analysis of system faults and process upsets for future
- Review and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and provide feedback and corrections as required
- Participate in safety working groups and training
- Participate and support of KSPC Safety Committee
- Provide information and feedback SWP after performing maintenance
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Journeyperson trade in Industrial Mechanic/Millwright
- 3-5 years’ Industrial experience in a Manufacturing/mining operation
- Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions and documents as well as ability to write technical reports and procedure
- Exercise good judgment in planning, organization and completion of assignments
- Demonstrates flexibility in uncertain situations and adapts well to change
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve work issues that arise
- Display the ability to synthesize data and draw conclusions
- Demonstrates logic and sound reasoning in solving routine issues
- Provides guidance to ensure safe operating procedures (SOP’s) are accurate and up to date
- Influences team members to meet quality control and safety standards
- Works with a strong safety orientation, and a commitment to personal safety and the safety of other
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by April 17, 2022.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.