K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
Production Operator, Process
The Production Operator is part of the production team responsible for the safe operation of the Production Area Equipment. KSPC is looking for individuals who are interested in immediate positions as well as future opportunities.
The successful candidate will:
- Be enrolled in the KSPC Operations Progression Program, this learning and development program will provides the opportunity to progress through all Production Process Areas, which will allow enhanced knowledge and skills to excel as a Production Operator.
- Monitor standard operating conditions such as field alarms, set-point adjustments, operating parameters and adjust to ensure stable operation
- Ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations
- Troubleshoot and analyze process upset conditions to optimize production
- Input operational information into shift logs and enter maintenance notifications into SAP system to initiate repairs
- Perform preventative and maintenance measures on process equipment
- Communicate with other Process Operators and Shift Supervisors to safely start up and shutdown process equipment
- Communicate with other process areas to ensure stable operation and report process upset conditions
- Perform routine checks on equipment
- Isolate and Lock Out process equipment for maintenance work and safe return of equipment to service
- Perform area cleanup as required to maintain high housekeeping standards and limit maintenance and reliability tasks in the area as required
- Input operational information into shift logs
- Review and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures, Lock Out Lists, and Commissioning Procedures for area
- Area sampling with samples taken to the lab to ensure process is within operating parameters and production of quality product
- Responsible for personal safety along with co-workers, reporting of safety and environmental incidents, continual improvement for safe and environmentally responsible product
- Dry Process / Loadout - This includes bulk solids transportation equipment (belts, drags, bucket elevators, etc.), compactors, crushers, screens, treatment systems, warehouses, weigh system and all rail yard equipment and assets.
- Wet Process (Wet End) - This includes a 5-stage cooling DTB type crystallizer type system, liquid and slurry pumping systems, centrifuges, cyclones, leaching, KCL 99 production, rotary dryer / combustion system / bag house, thickener, heat exchanges, barometric condensers, reclaim dredges.
- Wellfield – This includes multiple locations within the wellfield equipped with a 5-flow stream header for directing flows, blanket fluid pumps, tank farms or separation ponds, wellhead equipment, downhole equipment and consistently working alongside service rigs and wireline trucks.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years’ operating in a process facility
- Potash or solution mining experience considered an asset
- Ability to read/write and comprehend technical instructions and documents including technical reports and procedures
- Demonstrates flexibility in uncertain situations and adapts well to change
- Mitigates risks within work area
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve work issues that arise
- Display the ability to synthesize data and draw conclusions
- Demonstrates logic and sound reasoning in solving routine issues
- Evaluates options and chooses the best course of action in making decisions
- Self-motivated and team focused
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Saskatchewan Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations
- Ensures that employees follow and meet health, safety and security procedures
- Demonstrates effective analytical and problem-solving skills to accurately identify and resolve safety and service issues
- Experience with MS Office, SAP or other CMMS
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
This is a rotating 12 hour shift position including evening, weekends, and holidays. Required to climb stairs and may be required to work in hot humid conditions as well as outdoors during cold weather conditions. This position will require manual effort ie: turning valves and periodic lifting of materials.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing. Additionally, employment is subject to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including showing proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.