K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
Sr Specialist, Talent Development (Term)
Reporting to the Manager, Talent Development, the Senior Specialist, Talent Development provides leadership in designing and delivering talent processes and programs that add value by building workforce competency through fostering employee empowerment, growth and retention and staying committed to K+S Potash Canada’s key business drivers. This is a 2 year term position.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the delivery of an overall talent strategy from design to implementation that maximize the potential of people, creating a competent workforce which engages employees and entices others to join
- Partner with HRBPs and leaders to provide coaching and support in implementing leadership tools and processes
- Support impactful actions to increase engagement, build stronger teams and the desired culture, and increase business performance
- Facilitate sessions and use associated tools to accelerate new leader onboarding and team engagement towards business objectives, and clarify priorities and expectations to maximize the leaders’ contributions
- Gather, organize and analyze information regarding the impact of people development and learning solutions against key business drivers; present the information in a way that is meaningful to the organization
- Analyze and uses feedback, data reports, and metrics to make informed people development program recommendations
- Monitor and analyze individual and team results to determine coaching priorities, training opportunities and develop action plans to enhance performance
- Provide advice and coaching to ensure the effective delivery of talent initiatives.
- Act as a strategic, trusted partner who takes a consultative approach to establish credibility, build relationships, and set expectations aligned with strategies, programs, and business needs
- Actively collaborate on cross-functional teams and/or committees
- Design solutions to enable high potential talent to maximize their potential
- Champion performance management through the ongoing improvement of programs, processes, and tools/resources. Work collaboratively to build leaders’ skills and effectiveness.
- Delivery of data analysis and summaries to drive decisions and measure the success of talent programs and initiatives and design and delivery of transformation initiatives and programs to build future skills
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Adult Education or related field (or equivalent combination of education and working experience)
- CPHR or other related professional certification an asset
- Minimum of 7 years’ of Human Resources experience in the learning & development field (program development including Change management, needs analysis, design, validation, implementation and evaluation); experience working in operations functions an asset
- Excellent knowledge of employee engagement principles and strategies
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience leveraging organizational development best practices, including learning and development, performance management, succession management, and career development
- Expert knowledge of adult education principles and understanding of adult learning and experience with practical application
- Demonstrate lateral thinking and the ability to bring new ideas into talent development.
- Experience with surveys, people data, and analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate within our People & Organization team and leaders as well as external stakeholders
- Collaborative work style with the ability to consult, solicit input, influence and support decision making with leaders, including identifying needs, developing action plans, and presenting results/recommendations
- Knowledge of learning and talent management technologies, e.g. web authoring (Articulate), learning management systems (Workday preferred)
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing. Additionally, employment is subject to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including showing proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by March 6, 2022.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.