K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
Administrative Assistant (Term)
The primary job function is to ensure administrative support needs are met, ensuring team alignment /communication and working towards a common goal. This is a 12-month term position.
The successful candidate will:
- Maintain consistency within our Capital Projects Team to ensure communication and organization is maintained. This would include making sure all groups are following the same processes and utilizing consistent forms and templates. Ensure all folder structures are consistent from project to project.
- Provide support for Saskatoon Engineering Team (Reporting to the Engineering Superintendent), Construction Team (Reporting to the Construction & Commissioning Superintendent), Projects Management Team (Reporting to the Project Manager Superintendent and Management (Senior Manager, CPT). This support includes but is not limited to:
- Shopping carts (develop of purchase requisitions, tracking of the purchase)
- Collect Signatures for documentation using Adobe sign
- Expenses (creation of CPT expense reports)
- Travel arrangements (aligning travel both domestic and international, through travel agency)
- Document control support: Formatting/developing/organizing documentation
- Schedule, attend meetings and capture meeting minutes.
- Controlling and maintaining RFI Logs for projects team.
- Process reconciliation for the CP&T Credit Card monthly.
- Submitting work orders for maintenance required (Truck repairs/Job site maintenance requests)
- Timesheet support – Ensure team compliance / generate reports
- Training/ Safety Log – Recording and maintaining the teams attendance for mandatory training/meetings.
- Ensure individual compliance for mandatory training/meetings.
- Develop/maintain/manage the Construction Management library on the Process House on the K+S Portal.
- Organize training events, workshops and team functions as required and assist with other multi-department events as requested.
- Assist with new employee set up for all new members of the CP&T Team (On boarding / new office space set up/ maintain floor plan)
- Prepare and/or edit documents including presentations for CPT communication (internal/external).
- Act as the department representative for the CP&T Team. The duties include attending meetings and distributing any updates given from communications group to our team.
- Provide support to other KSPC Administrative functions on site when on vacation or other absence.
- Trailer Complex 4 support includes:
- Ordering of supplies (coffee, office supplies, office furniture, printer supplies, etc.)
- Assist with Complex office set up (On boarding / new office space set up/ maintain floor plan)
- Submit work orders for maintenance required (trailer maintenance, snow clearing, pest control)
- Act as a “super user” for Bethune Mine for the procurement program Ariba. Duties include:
- Facilitate training
- Provide technical support
- Communicate feedback with corporate Ariba functions
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of office experience.
- Office administration certificate or equivalent.
- Experience working in an industrial setting is considered an asset.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in the ability to work with Microsoft Office products and Outlook. (SAP & Ariba experience is an asset)
- Excellent communication, planning and organization skills and an advanced ability to independently manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing. Additionally, employment is subject to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including showing proof of vaccination will be required, with minimal exceptions, unless prohibited by applicable law.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by January 23, 2022.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.