K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group Company, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. Bethune mine, formerly known as the Legacy Project, is the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. The Bethune mine has created new job opportunities for Saskatchewan workers and new business opportunities for Saskatchewan companies supplying goods and services to this major economic development. All sales and distribution of the potash produced at the Bethune mine will be carried out through the K+S Group’s experienced and well-established global distribution structures. K+S Potash Canada is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers for 2018. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
This position is responsible to review Purchase Requisitions, obtain quotes, prepare bid comparisons, negotiate and issue purchase orders.
The successful candidate will:
Purchase Materials and Services on behalf of KSPC – 100% of focus
- Process orders in SAP (MM) which may include ad hoc requisitions, outline agreements, purchases from material number info records, and source lists
- Prioritizes work based on criticality and time-based requirements
- Bundle purchasing needs to support standardized buying activities that can lead to economies of scale, based on the direction of the Senior Procurement Specialist
- Purchasing and scheduling of materials, raw materials, spares and operating supplies as well as services
- Document supplier performance including corrective action for suppliers as required and follow up on improvement needs
- Manage risks and opportunities related to the portfolio and work through escalated issues with suppliers as necessary
- Manage assigned purchase requirements using a risk based approach
- Work proactively to meet strategic targets for cost savings
- Analyze vendor capabilities versus requirements and research new suppliers
- Evaluate existing suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability and supplier's track record
- Work with procurement colleagues to ensure a consistent standard for vendor evaluation and negotiations
- Negotiate, or renegotiate with suppliers or vendors
- Consult with departments across KSPC to understand technical specifications and product requirements
- Review product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased, as determined by the Senior Procurement Specialist
- Oversee day to day supplier management and adhering to spend budgets
- Develop and recommend improvement ideas to the Senior Procurement Specialist regarding procurement policies and procedures
- Train end users on procurement processes, as necessary
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- College Diploma or University degree in Business, Accounting, Purchasing or related field
- Certification preferred, including one of Supply Chain Certification., SCM Diploma, SCMP Designation, or equivalent
- SAP MM and Ariba experience is a benefit
- Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing principles including the ability to research, analyze, negotiate, and close various types of purchase efforts within the guidelines of good business and ethical practices
- Excellent computer skills, including ERPs, Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Ability to work with internal and external suppliers in a professional manner
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and within teams
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented
- Must have strong written and verbal skills
- Strong organizational skills/detail oriented
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by August 1, 2021.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.