K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group Company, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. Bethune mine, formerly known as the Legacy Project, is the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. The Bethune mine has created new job opportunities for Saskatchewan workers and new business opportunities for Saskatchewan companies supplying goods and services to this major economic development. All sales and distribution of the potash produced at the Bethune mine will be carried out through the K+S Group’s experienced and well-established global distribution structures. K+S Potash Canada is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers for 2018. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Reporting to the Senior Mechanical Engineer within the Reliability-Plant Engineering team, the In Service Inspector (QA/QC Coordinator) is responsible for the development and execution of Condition Assessment Programs within the Asset Integrity Management System.
The successful candidate will:
- Comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Develop detailed inspection and test plans (ITP’s) for in-service equipment and piping.
- Assist in developing and scheduling pressure equipment inspection intervals and ensures inspections are performed in a timely fashion.
- Perform field level inspections on pressure equipment and updates inspection records.
- Exercise professional judgment in identifying, mitigating and dispositioning non-conformances.
- Gather field data for equipment condition monitoring, assists in assessing site equipment vulnerabilities and ensures contingency plans are in place.
- Ensure appropriate welder qualification testing is complete.
- Monitor repairs and alterations to equipment to ensure compliance to code and company standards; identify and track non-conformities.
- Maintain quality control and inspection files, and enter related data into spreadsheets.
- Support other departments in maintaining continual compliance with provincial legislation and ensuring technical and quality requirements of pressure equipment are met.
- Assist in the development of (commercially driven) work flow processes in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Exercise control for all budgetary limits and communicate their status on a routine basis (as necessary)
- Ensure compliance with all Asset Integrity Programs and Practices.
- Ensure documentation is accurate and easily recoverable.
- Assist with QA/QC requirements for Plant Engineering, Maintenance Projects and Capital Projects.
- Develop and execute detailed inspection and test plans (ITP’s) for fabricated equipment and piping fabrication.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- In Service Inspection Certification (API 510, 570, 653).
- Journeyperson Trade in Welding or Materials technology, structural fabricator, pipefitter/steamfitter or related field is an advantage.
- Post Secondary education is an asset.
- Level 1 Welding Inspector is an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience with NDE practices.
- 8+ years of combined experience in asset integrity inspection. Working in the field with mechanical knowledge in other areas of QA/QC is an advantage.
- 5-8 years experience leading people.
- Ability to prioritize work effectively communicate and engage effectively in a team environment.
- Well-developed organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level of professionalism.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems such as Maximo and SAP.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and challenges throughout the development and execution of projects.
- Applies safe and environmentally sound work practices.
- Detailed knowledge of the necessary codes, regulations and general Condition Assessment/Inspection philosophies.
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required.
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by May 31, 2021.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.