K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group Company, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. Bethune mine, formerly known as the Legacy Project, is the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. The Bethune mine has created new job opportunities for Saskatchewan workers and new business opportunities for Saskatchewan companies supplying goods and services to this major economic development. All sales and distribution of the potash produced at the Bethune mine will be carried out through the K+S Group’s experienced and well-established global distribution structures. K+S Potash Canada is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers for 2018. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
As the Operations Accountant for the KSPC team, you will provide direct support to the Bethune Site controller for all cost control activities including analysis, reporting and planning. You will also perform the following tasks:
- Prepare and update monthly Operations reporting using SAP and Excel
- Review reports, investigate/document significant variances and post correcting as required
- Co-ordinate and review meetings with budget owners to support cost awareness and forecasting
- Analyze cost reports for trends which could impact forecasts or budgets
- Prepare or assist with ad hoc reporting requests to facilitate special projects
- Support interfaces between Operations, Maintenance, Procurement, and AP as required
- Interface with vendors to obtain information to support reporting and analysis
- Assist with preparation of budget templates and coordinate data collection with budget owners
- Loading budgets into SAP
- Cross train in order to provide temporary support to Capital Projects & Technology group during Senior Project Controls Specialist absence
- Support the identification and accounting for capital assets related to tool purchases or significant repairs which could otherwise be considered operating expenses
This is a one year term position to December 3, 2021.
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- 1-3 years of experience in the regards to accounting, budgeting and controlling
- SAP experience considered an asset
- Demonstrated fluency in English orally and in written form
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by October 16, 2020.
We are committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, we are collaborative in building it and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations. You can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program PLUS great extras such as, paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity! A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.