K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
• Operate all site loaders, track mobile, fines hauling equipment, skid steer and fleet vehicles safely and efficiently.
• Perform daily housekeeping duties in the loadout and compaction area during down times (ie. Cleaning product spills, Snow removal, etc).
• Make judgments on the working condition of all equipment, and recommend required repairs or replacement.
• Make correct judgements on product stock pile safe working conditions.
• Manually open and close loading hatches on railcars.
• Daily up keep of railcars to ensure readiness for loading.
• Unload off spec rail cars as required.
• Take responsibility for the safety of the work involving the use of heavy equipment and for the safety of personnel in or near the work zone, including responsibility to shut down the job if there is a safety concern.
• Participate in pre-job planning and conduct pre-operational checks (visual walk-about) for operational safety of equipment.
• Determine appropriate equipment to be used for specific application including load capacity and conditions.
• Determine appropriate methods to be used for conditions/type of work.
• Ensure that Company resources are used efficiently and with care.
• Will be required at times to perform process field operator duties (collecting samples, clearing process equipment, etc).
• Demonstrate clear, concise oral and written communications and listening skills; used when giving and receiving instructions, dealing with supervision and management, customers and co-workers, and ensuring schedules and safety requirements are met.
• Demonstrate commitment to fundamental continuous improvements in a changing work environment.
Dry End Equipment on site:
• Dry End - warehouses, weigh system and all rail yard equipment and assets, rail car indexer, locomotives, bulk solids transportation equipment (belts, drags, bucket elevators, etc.), compactors, crushers, screens, treatment systems, warehouses and load-out weigh system.
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Grade 12 or equivalent education.
• Experience operating a track mobile, wheel loader, skid steer, or equivalent equipment considered an asset
• Knowledge of normal operating parameters (engine temperature, fluid levels, etc) and required mechanical condition (hoses, engine, tires, etc) of equipment.
• Knowledge of departmental procedures and practices an asset.
• Ability to communicate using cell phone, two-way radio, telephone and log sheet.
• Understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Program.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 35 kg (fork extensions, chains, pads, etc.).
• Able to sit for long periods of time while operating equipment.
• Able to climb into and out of equipment.
• Able to work in extreme outdoor temperatures.
• Willing to accept responsibility for the safety of passengers and the safe condition of vehicles.
• Able to recognize mechanical troubles and vehicle failure.
• Must be mentally alert, neat, and able to communicate effectively with all personnel.
• Operates all site mobile equipment, rental equipment, and fleet vehicles safely and efficiently.
This is a rotating 12 hour shift position including evenings, weekends, and holidays. You will be required to climb stairs, work from heights and may be required to work in hot humid conditions as well as outdoors during cold weather conditions.
The position will require manual effort ie: frequent lifting of materials, climbing in and out of equipment (etc.)
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification and drug & alcohol testing.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by April 3, 2020.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology.
See yourself here, join the team!