K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Distributed Control System Engineer (Temporary)
The Distributed Control System Engineer is a temporary role responsible to facilitate the management of change process for the Bethune site. This individual coordinates the stakeholder input and completes design review and mark ups to create engineered packages for execution by the DCS programming team.
The successful candidate will:
• Manage the work center MoC backlog for all configuration related changes that have no field impact.
o Facilitate regular meetings with production, maintenance and drafting resources.
o Review Legacy project documentation (HAZOP) and perform risk assessments on all changes with affected stakeholders.
o Prepare design deliverable mark ups (P&IDs, Control Narratives, interlock and loop drawings, etc).
o Work with the drafting team to develop IFC design deliverables and create engineering work packages for DCS team execution. Support execution with any additional details.
o Prioritize the backlog with Production Superintendents and provide progress updates weekly.
• Perform bi-weekly force reports and assist with analysis.
o Review the raw data files provided by the DCS team, and organize the information into a report.
o Facilitate regular reviews of the report with production, and kick off new MoCs as required.
o Audit the Force procedure and provide recommendations to streamline the process.
• Attend DCS team daily toolbox on safety topics and share relevant information with team.
• Receive change notifications and review MoC requests in advance to identify any conflicting work and to ensure the task is organized and ready for execution.
• Support DCS Specialists during programming execution with programming and sequencing support as required.
• Inspect completed tasks for compliance to design intention (Effectiveness Review).
• Prioritize drafting support resources.
• Support the instrumentation planner and DCS supervisor by providing manpower estimates for the schedule for the next week.
• Support planners and superintendents with manpower estimates.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Automation, Chemical, Computer), or Computer Science with past Automation work experience
• 5 + years technical experience strongly preferred
• 5 to 10 years experience in a heavy industrial process setting (potash Direct supervisory experience in heavy industrial or mining environments preferred)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Display a reasoned perspective and bring resolution to issues while considering all areas of impact
• Ability to provide leadership in improving performance and efficiencies within the working group
• Ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement within working groups
• Provide direction and review the work of team
• Well-developed skills to foster development of high performance by providing ongoing technical support
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Sask OH&S Act and Regulations
• Competent in MS Word and Excel. Competency in SAP an asset
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by January 15, 2020.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!