K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Senior Communications Specialist, Americas
The Senior Communications Specialist, Americas, reporting to the VP, Communications, Americas, will be responsible for the implementation of the Global communication in the Americas Region, act as a liaison between local and global teams, develop global standards of communications tools and tactics and assist with all programs and activities related to Communications and Corporate Affairs at K+S Potash Canada.
This is a temporary position until January 1, 2021.
The successful candidate will:
• Implement the global communication strategy in all locations of the Americas region as per the priorities outlined by the VP Communications, Americas
• Lead and support multi-disciplinary teams from various locations around the world on Global communications projects as assigned by the VP, Communications, Americas
• Work closely and collaboratively with communications teams across other subsidiaries of the company
• Be responsible for representing the needs and special characteristics of employees located in the Region Americas, specifically regarding communication best practices and audience demographic
• Be responsible for developing communication tools and tactics best fit to support the Global Communication Strategy through the review of both existing and potential tools and tactics
• Be responsible for internal and external communication tasks and projects, brand implementation, stakeholder and government relations, and business strategy across the Americas region
• Lead special projects and tasks as assigned by the VP, Communications, Americas
• Assist in the development and delivery of all corporate communications (internal, external, market) for K+S Potash Canada including but not limited to: communications, employee engagement, community investment, Indigenous relations and government relations portfolios
• Work closely in coordination with the Communications and Corporate Affairs Specialist, K+S Potash Canada to ensure efficiency of projects and alignment of initiatives
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communications/Public Relations or Journalism or related field
• 8+ years progressive experience in communications with increasing level of responsibility in a global organization
• Knowledgeable in multimedia technology, including website management, design software, social media, and email marketing platforms.
• Demonstrates strong ability to write for a variety of media (print and online) and to a diverse audience.
• Strong interpersonal, collaboration and teamwork skills critical
• Experience in project management; managing communication strategies from beginning to end including the evaluation of the effectiveness of the plan and project
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by November 15, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
See yourself here, join the team!