K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Government Affairs and Business Strategy Specialist
Government Affairs and Business Strategy Specialist supports the implementation of strategic corporate objectives and programs that relate to government affairs and internal business strategies and processes. This position is also is responsible for proactively researching policies and government regulation that could impact KSPC’s operations. This position assists with regulatory consultations, government incentive applications, and helps to inform KSPC representatives in industry association meetings where lobbyist activities are undertaken on behalf of the mining industry and KSPC. This position is also supports the administrative elements related to the Strategic Framework, including schedule and minutes of Management Review, Management Meetings, Balanced Scorecard / strategic planning, and KPI reporting. This position also supports process development and continual improvement efforts driven by the quality team.
The successful candidate will:
• Support the implementation of the strategy
• Monitor, analyze and present to management any new legislative changes that may impact business operations
• Provide strategic analysis and advice on complex policy issues, including conducting research and drafting succinct briefings for internal and external stakeholders.
• Identify, analyze, and track legislation and regulations in the Provincial and Federal government
• Research government incentive programs and related requirements; coordinate relevant application submissions, as applicable
• Research legislation and regulations in other jurisdictions (e.g., Canadian provincial, foreign national, and foreign state governments)
• Create and prepare written materials (e.g., key messages for government affairs issues, legislative and regulatory submissions, comments, letters of support, reports, etc.)
• Organize advocacy activities with KSPC leadership, industry associations, etc., as required
• May participate in and support OU Americas government relations activities in Canada, as required
• Responsible to support technical administration / coordination of business processes, including:
o Management review
o Strategic planning
o KPI / Dashboard reporting
o Senior Leadership meetings
• Works with quality and departments to develop metrics and reports process performance data against accepted standards and KPIs
• Support the implementation of continual improvement initiatives using a variety of business process methodologies
• Participates in special projects, as assigned
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and / or Business (or related field)
• 1-3 years of technical experience in policy, governance and/or government affairs
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by November 8, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
See yourself here, join the team!