K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Maintenance Electrician, High Voltage
As a member of the Maintenance & Reliability team, the High Voltage Maintenance Electrician will be responsible for executing the high voltage and medium voltage distribution system maintenance and service tasks.
The successful candidate will:
• Perform all maintenance tasks in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Regulations, Canadian Electrical Code, Environmental Rules and Regulations and Internal Policies
• Ensure that any relevant Permits, Hazard Assessments, LOTO and Isolation forms have been properly prepared and completed prior to start of work
• Communicate/Report any deficiencies or corrections noticed during routine maintenance and inspections
• Communicate with process area personnel to ensure stable operation of plant equipment
• Assist with troubleshooting and analysing of system faults and process upsets for future
• Review and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and provide feedback and corrections as required
• Participate in the development of and perform Lock Out/Tag Out procedures and Electrical Switching Plans
• Participate in vendor led commissioning/training activities, external electrical safety working group training and on the KSPC Electrical Safety Committee
• Provide information and feedback after performing maintenance responsibilities and tasks
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• 5 – 8 Years Industrial High Voltage experience with a combination of construction, maintenance and start up experience is preferred
• Journeyperson certification required
• Within limits, exercises judgment in planning with organization and completion of assignments
• Demonstrates flexibility in uncertain situations and adapts well to change
• Mitigates risks within work area and demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve work issues that arise.
• Display the ability to synthesize data and draw conclusions
• Demonstrates logic and sound reasoning in solving routine issues
• Evaluates options and chooses the best course of action in decision making
• Troubleshooting hardwired protection and control systems and assist in troubleshooting software control systems
• Reviews work while mentoring and providing advice and guidance to junior team members on work activities and technical issues
• Computer software and hardware skills
• Influences team members to meet quality control and safety standards
• Works with a strong safety orientation, and a commitment to personal safety and the safety of others
• Checks the work of others to ensure quality results
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by October 10, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!