K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
As a member of the Maintenance & Reliability team, the Instrumentation Technician will be responsible for field and shop repairs of instrumentation devices and supporting the commissioning and operations of industrial automation & control systems throughout the Bethune mine.
The successful candidate will:
• Perform assigned Instrumentation maintenance and service requests
• Commitment to continual improvement of KSPC Electrical Safe Work Practices and Procedures
• Support Reliability staff in the development of specifications for instrumentation and standards to be used in control systems, instrumentation application and maintenance guidelines
• Assist in the design, testing, quality assurance, commissioning, and start-up of instrumentation and control systems
• Ensures safe approaches are used within work area to minimize the level of risk to other team members
• Provides advice on technical issues
• Provides detailed feedback on preventative maintenance and corrective work activities
• Provides guidance to ensure work instructions (WI’s) are accurate and up to date
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Journeyperson trade in Instrumentation
• 3+ years of experience in instrumentation trades
• Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions and documents as well as ability to write technical reports and procedure
• Exercise good judgment in planning, organization and completion of assignments
• Demonstrates flexibility in uncertain situations and adapts well to change
• Demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve work issues that arise
• Display the ability to synthesize data and draw conclusions
• Demonstrates logic and sound reasoning in solving routine issues
• Influences team members to meet quality control and safety standards
• Works with a strong safety orientation, and a commitment to personal safety and the safety of others
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by October 10, 2019.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!