K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Coordinator, Human Resources
The Coordinator, Human Resources is responsible for applying human resources expertise and assisting in providing a wide range of HR support and advice. The Coordinator, Human Resources plays a key role in the success of the organization by managing the full recruiting cycle process for selected positions. This role will work closely with the Human Resources team to provide a variety of administrative and operational support. This position provides information and support services to all levels of the organization and to internal and external clients in a professional manner.
The successful candidate will:
• Work to meet recruitment goals and priorities by managing the full recruiting cycle process for selected positions:
o Provide support for full recruitment cycle, including: reviewing job descriptions, posting positions, identifying candidates, scheduling interviews, making travel arrangements, preparing interview packages, leading the interview process, performing reference checks, supporting hiring manager in selection process, drafting offer letters, presenting offers to successful candidates as well as coordinating the onboarding process
o Strategically partner with Hiring Managers to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against well-defined criteria
o Coordinate timely and effective execution of the recruitment process by partnering closely with hiring managers
• Facilitate first day orientation for new hires
• Support the development of partnerships with educational institutions by attending career fairs and participating in recruitment events
• Provide recommendations for policies and processes
• Interact with Controlling department for account reconciliations, shopping carts, purchase order generation and tracking, invoicing, electronic filing, etc.
• Provide backup administration of Benefits programs and respond to employee benefits policy questions, escalating when necessary
• Respond to internal and external requests professionally, escalate when necessary and follow up to ensure resolution
• Provide administrative support to all HR team members
• Prepare presentations and other communications and organize information or materials for others
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Business Administration specializing in Human Resources
• Motivated to gain experience at a professional level in business administration and human resources
• Strong understanding of Human Resource principles and strategies
• Critical thinking skills with the ability to assess situations strategically, think outside the box and deliver results
• Works collaboratively to resolve issues
• Takes initiative and has the ability to handle many projects simultaneously
• Makes sound decisions and recognizes the impact of solutions
• Demonstrates strong customer focus and ability to effectively build relationships while establishing trust, respect and confidence
• Demonstrates resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!