K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
As part of the Maintenance team the Pipefitter will be responsible for executing assigned system maintenance and service tasks on all piping systems within production areas.
The successful candidate will:
• Perform all maintenance tasks in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Regulations, Environmental Rules and Regulations and Internal Policies.
• Ensure that any relevant permits, hazard assessments, Lock Out/Tag Out and Isolation forms have been properly prepared and completed prior to start of work.
• Communicate/Report any deficiencies or corrections noticed during routine maintenance and inspections.
• Communicate with process area personnel to ensure stable operation of plant equipment.
• Work directly with outside contractors during minor and major maintenance turnarounds.
• Assist with troubleshooting and analysis of system faults and process upsets for future.
• Review and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and provide feedback and corrections as required.
• Participate in the development of and perform Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Journeyperson Pipefitter
• 3-5 years’ experience in the trade with a strong mechanical aptitude who focuses on quality & reliability
• Industrial experience in a manufacturing/heavy industrial operation
• Certification in HDPE fusion processes and FRP Bonding
• Able to interpret blue prints /P&ID’s/piping specifications and QA/QC requirements.
• Experience in troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing valves types such as plug, knife, gate, ball, globe, butterfly and others
• Experience working with a welder
• Interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine type of pipe and tools to use, and lay out the sequence of tasks
• Proficient in all types of pipe joining methods, and assessing rigging and installation requirements.
• Demonstrates flexibility in uncertain situations and adapts well to change
• Provides guidance to ensure safe operating procedures (SOP’s) are accurate and up to date.
• Works with a strong safety orientation, and a commitment to personal safety and the safety of others.
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by September 29, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to 40 hours to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!