K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
The Structural Engineer is responsible for general CSA design and analysis for the operation. The position supports maintenance, production and wellfield departments to resolve CSA technical issues, complete CSA design for maintenance and capital projects, coordinate interfaces between internal technical interfaces and external technical bodies and analyze proposed CSA changes according to a management of change process. The CSA will take a leadership role for the discipline on site and will be responsible for driving forward sound and standardized design, construction, and maintenance practices of CSA assets.
The successful candidate will:
• Review and/or develop CSA engineering, drawings and documents in terms of feasibility, standards, codes, and K+S quality specifications.
• Maintain, update, and define K+S site design specifications and core documents for CSA scope.
• Coordinate with the technical engineers and designers to maintain and modify in conjunction with KSPC’s management of change procedures.
• Conduct and coordinate structural design and analysis for small installations such as pipe supports, platforms, and basic structural modifications including extensive or complex designs.
• Support and manage Capital & Operations projects of a scope in line with this position’s area of technical expertise and/or projects of a defined level of complexity or scope.
• Define and implement the practices associated with the use and maintenance of structural models.
• Evaluate new and existing technologies for their applicability to K+S Site’s CSA infrastructure.
• Guide lifecycle planning efforts for CSA infrastructure.
• Develop, maintain, and coordinate the structural steel inspection and integrity monitoring program.
• Coordinate and maintain site survey data, geotechnical data and site crossing agreements.
• Participate as a key stakeholder in site ground disturbance permitting.
• Ensure that KSPC is at all times in compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental regulatory and internal laws and policies.
• Support QA/QC department on technical issues relating to CSA infrastructure.
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Bachelor in Civil Structural Engineering with P.Eng. designation or engineer-in-training.
• Experience with Project Structural/Civil/Architecture work in an industrial environment considered an asset.
• Design and analyses experience in site development, drainage, grading, site utilities, erosion control, pond and containment, and roadway design is an asset.
• Knowledge and ability to perform design work using SAP 2000 or similar.
• Demonstrated project management skills including demonstrated facilitation skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions and documents as well as ability to write technical reports and procedures.
• Communication and interpersonal skills to develop industry contacts, establish relationships, influence others’ positions and negotiate outcomes.
• Ability to work in a flexible way that allows for changes in assignments and priorities.
• Self-motivated and team focused.
• Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Develops and continually refines best-practice programs and policies related to subject matter.
• Has strong understanding of the regulatory environment as applicable to subject matter.
• Ensures that employees follow and meet health, safety and security procedures.
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
• Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by Sept 6, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!