K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Reliability Specialist, Core Systems
Reporting to the Reliability Superintendent, the Reliability Specialist, Core Systems, guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment and safety systems. Will define, design and develop and refine the Asset Maintenance Plan including value-added preventive maintenance tasks, spare strategies, preservation strategies and effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems. Will own and maintain the Plant FRACAS process. Analyze and trend data to raise alerts on parts and equipment health for timely action by maintenance. Design and report out on key performance indicators for critical assets. Will conduct FMEA’s on new equipment based on criticality and constantly review existing FMEAS for any change in FMEA key assumptions.
The successful candidate will:
• Own the process to populate failure data in SAP, including corrections on failure codes and correct breakdown times and malfunction start and end times.
• Monitor and audit reliability initiatives and report out on key Performance indicators for high criticality assets. Report on major risks to critical assets and facilitate the process of mitigating those risks in collaboration with Supervisors, Planners, Plant Engineers and Safety.
• Own the FRACAS facilitation function and be responsible for ensuring the information is correct, documented and stored in a structured way and is accessible on demand.
• Facilitate and document all FMEAS for critical assets including revisions after reviews. This will include revisions to any Spare inventory and type and any changes to PM task lists based on revised FMEA rankings.
• Own the Maintenance and Spare Part strategies on the high and medium critical asset. Request any M-Number creation associated with that strategy, define min/max stock and ensure with MM that everything is set-up properly.
• Own asset management plans inclusive of Criticality analysis, functional locations, and BOM Structure (breakdown BOMS based on multiple level FLOCS in SAP).
• Ensure that all the PM work related instructions exist and work with the Execution Specialist to create or modify it.
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• A.Sc, BSc. Instrumentation/Electrical Technology, or equivalent experience
• Instrumentation background is an asset
• Reliability Centre Maintenance (RCM) certified
• Demonstrated mentoring and leadership skills
• Strong meeting facilitation skills
• Strong and fluent written and verbal skills in English
• Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions and documents as well as ability to write technical reports and procedures
• Build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Develop and continually refine best-practice programs and policies related to subject matter
• Strong understanding of the regulatory environment as applicable to subject matter
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by August 21, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to 40 hours to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!