K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
This is a temporary position for one year.
The Panel/Field Operator is part of the production team responsible for the safe operation of the Production Area Equipment.
The successful candidate will:
• Monitor standard operating conditions such as field alarms, set-point adjustments, operating parameters and adjust to ensure stable operation
• Troubleshoot and analyze process upset conditions to optimize production
• Input operational information into shift logs and enter maintenance notifications into SAP system to initiate repairs
• Communicate with other Process Operators and Shift Supervisors to safely start up and shutdown process equipment
• Communicate with other process areas to ensure stable operation and report process upset conditions
• Perform routine checks on equipment
• Isolate and Lock Out process equipment for maintenance work and safe return of equipment to service
• Perform area cleanup as required to maintain high housekeeping standards and limit maintenance and reliability tasks in the area as required
• Input operational information into shift logs
• Review and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures, Lock Out Lists, and Commissioning Procedures for area
• Area sampling with samples taken to the lab to ensure process is within operating parameters and production of quality product
• Responsible for personal safety along with co-workers, reporting of safety and environmental incidents, continual improvement for safe and environmentally responsible product
• Dry Process - This includes bulk solids transportation equipment (belts, drags, bucket elevators, etc.), compactors, crushers, screens, treatment systems, warehouses, weigh system and all rail yard equipment and assets.
• Wet Process (Wet End) - This includes a 5 stage cooling DTB type crystallizer type system, liquid and slurry pumping systems, centrifuges, cyclones, leaching, KCL 99 production, rotary dryer / combustion system / bag house, thickener, heat exchanges, barometric condensers, reclaim dredges.
• Wet Process (Evaporation) - This includes multiple-effect evaporator systems, liquid and slurry pumping systems, centrifuges, thermos-compressors, heat exchangers, condensers, clarifier, and reagent systems
• Wellfield – This includes multiple locations within the wellfield equipped with a 5 flow stream header for directing flows, blanket fluid pumps, tank farms or separation ponds, wellhead equipment, downhole equipment and consistently working alongside service rigs and wireline trucks.
• Utilities – This area includes Boiler Plant, Gas Turbine, Cooling Towers, Tank Farm, High Pressure Injection Pumping, Oil/Brine Separation.
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
• 3+ years’ operating in a process facility (wet process environment preferred)
• Potash or solution mining experience considered an asset
• Ability to read/write and comprehend technical instructions and documents including technical reports and procedures
• Demonstrates flexibility in uncertain situations and adapts well to change
• Mitigates risks within work area
• Demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve work issues that arise
• Display the ability to synthesize data and draw conclusions
• Demonstrates logic and sound reasoning in solving routine issues
• Evaluates options and chooses the best course of action in making decisions
• Self-motivated and team focused
• Demonstrates working knowledge of Saskatchewan Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations
• Ensures that employees follow and meet health, safety and security procedures
• Demonstrates effective analytical and problem-solving skills to accurately identify and resolve safety and service issues
• Experience with MS Office, SAP or other CMMS
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
• Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
This is a rotating 12 hour shift position including evening, weekends, and holidays. Required to climb stairs and may be required to work in hot humid conditions as well as outdoors during cold weather conditions. This position will require manual effort ie: turning valves and periodic lifting of materials.
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by July 22, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!