K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Project Coordinator, Maintenance
This is a 3 year term position.
The Project Coordinator fills a combined planning and execution supervision role for medium-sized multidisciplinary projects being driven out of the Plant Engineering department. Reporting to the Plant Engineering Project Manager, this position is responsible for translating Engineering Work Packages into executable projects in the field. This involves coordination of contractors, material procurement, scheduling and construction supervision.
The successful candidate will:
• Generate budgetary and detailed (depending on project phase) estimates for project field execution and material orders.
• Procure materials in alignment with contents of supplied engineering work packages and site specifications.
• Develop detailed installation schedules, construction work packages and scopes of work.
• Work with Procurement to obtain the contract services required to execute project work.
• Where existing service contracts cover our needs, work with existing contract owners to leverage opportunities for the use of shared contracts and resources.
• Generate shopping carts and sole source justifications as required to procure services and materials.
• Work in SAP-PM with notifications, work orders, material reservations, etc., to ensure projects are adequately tracked in SAP.
• Coordinate with Maintenance and Reliability and Production departments to ensure work scheduling is coordinated from a maintenance resource and production planning perspective.
• When work is to be executed by maintenance trades, work with Maintenance and Reliability Department to ensure trades are appropriately seconded to work.
• Manage contractor mobilization including acquisition and tracking of training records and other required certifications and documentation.
• Allocate resources to field execution tasks.
• Supervise seconded Maintenance and Reliability trades and contract trades as required.
• Facilitate field execution kickoff meetings with Bethune stakeholders.
• Provide a daily field presence with direct supervision during the execution of project work.
• Track LEMS of contractors and sign off.
• Coordinate SWPs and other permits required for work execution.
• Provide daily/weekly progress reporting to Project Manager and Plant Engineering team as required.
• Monitor and schedule QA/QC hold points. Execute general QA/QC within area(s) of competence to ensure compliance with designs and specifications.
• Issue testing notices for activities such as x-ray or hydrotest and ensure safety boundaries are coordinated, established and maintained.
• Manage all construction and commissioning as-built documentation and ensure it is properly submitted following project completion.
• Ensure that KSPC is at all times in compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental regulatory and internal laws and policies.
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Journeyperson Trade or Engineering Technologist with 5+ years of combined experience 8+ years’ experience in a heavy industrial process setting
• Strong meeting facilitation skills
• Strong stakeholder interface skills
• Previous direct supervision performance
• Extensive plant experience with construction experience being an asset
• A mix of planning and field execution experience is an asset
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to develop industry contacts, establish relationships, influence others’ positions and negotiate outcomes
• Ability to work in a flexible way that allows for changes in assignments and priorities depending upon identified needs of the area
• Basic project management skills
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building an inclusive and representative workforce, including Indigenous people, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by July 21, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!