K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Senior Specialist Logistics and Transportation (Port and Shipping)
The Senior Specialist Logistics & Transportation (Port/Shipping) will work as a commercial counterpart to the main service providers around the port and shipping logistics. Therefore, the individual will interact with various internal and external supply chain partners, including loading facilities, inspection service providers, agencies, chartering agents, ship brokers and ocean shipping lines. The individual will be coordinating and checking potash operations and maintenance of the potash facility at Pacific Coast Terminals (PCT), Port Moody. Hereby the individual controls the correctness and necessity of the actions and shifts agreed. The individual will also regularly challenge the cleaning activities at the potash facility and amend the given cleaning procedure if needed. On-call activities are required. This position will be partially based at the terminal in Port Moody.
The successful candidate will:
• Oversee availability of train and vessel schedules, goods and loading capacities at port and take responsibility for the joint planning and scheduling between KPSC, Port facility and other stakeholders.
• Work with and coordinate agencies, inspection and quality control companies and other stakeholders.
• Monitor product quality and asset cleaning requirements, conduct regular checks prior to product changes.
• Communicate effectively with all requisitioning departments and arrange for proper information exchanges.
• Acquire detailed knowledge of the KSPC assets at port and get familiar with the assets and its abilities, metrics and bottlenecks.
• Monitor proposed and executed maintenance and/or upgrades to the potash facility at Port Moody. Hereby working closely together with PCT.
• Approve and sign off on the respective maintenance activities and engineering upgrades to the facility. Hereby keeping track of these upgrades via internal databases.
• Check and approve/decline port and shipping related invoices.
• Support the commercial and contractual approach to logistical service providers related to port and shipping in cooperation with other KSPC internal departments.
• Identify key performance indicators and keeping track of these KPI’s.
• Provide regular reports to relevant personnel with KPI’s and initiate countermeasures if needed.
• Support the development of quality management systems (AQIS, ISO, etc.).
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Degree in Engineering, Maintenance, Logistics or Supply Chain Management required.
• 5 – 8 years of direct experience in terminal operation and logistics.
• Terminal and Handling bulk material experience is required.
• Detailed technical understanding of bulk material handling systems is needed.
• Maintenance experience is required.
• Strong negotiation skills required.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
• Project management experience an asset.
• German Language skills an asset.
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
• Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required.
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by June 7, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
See yourself here, join the team!