K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Wellfield Production Engineer
Based at the Bethune mine, The Wellfield Production Engineer is responsible for all technical aspects of operating underground potash caverns in the Bethune Wellfield. The Wellfield Production Engineer, along with field Operators and a Supervisor, will form a team responsible for the creation and operation of these caverns.
The successful candidate will:
• Review sample data, trends and down hole wireline logs
• Plan and schedule wireline logging and service rig workovers as necessary
• Provide technical guidance to the Wellfield Supervisor and Cavern Operators
• Provide support for Wellfield operations department
• Assist in the creation and updates of operations-related documentation
• Provide design input for new Wellfield facilities
• Assist with debottlenecking and Management-of-Change initiatives within the Wellfield area
• Provide procurement support for materials and services required for ongoing operations
• Plan and execute continuous improvement projects
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• B.Sc in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Geological, Industrial or Petroleum) with a focus on Mining & Drilling preferred
• 1-3 years of experience in mining & drilling (preferred)
• Strong communications skills
• Able to explain design ideas and plans clearly
• Able to write easily understandable technical reports
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Strong time management skills
• Able to adapt to changing priorities and challenges
• Able to safely work in an industrial atmosphere where equipment such as piping, valves and pumps are present
• Valid driver’s license
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
• Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by April 20, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!