K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
This is a term position to July 1, 2020.
This position will provide subject matter expertise in the field of environmental engineering and regulatory permitting. The position will help ensure that internal and external environmental requirements are met.
The successful candidate will:
• Interface with operations and engineering to ensure that environmental criteria and standards are identified and incorporated into design criteria
• Prepare environmental permit applications and regulatory updates
• Review and analyze groundwater, surface water, and air monitoring data
• Interpret geotechnical and hydrogeological reports
• Develop and revise as necessary, environmental protection plans
• Lead environmental investigations and technical environmental studies
• Manage environmental consultants
• Prepare environmental compliance reports
• Conduct internal compliance audits and assessments and, as required, develop corrective action plans
• Participate in industry association committees
• Provide regulatory and technical environmental guidance and support to the KSPC team on environmental issues as they may arise at Bethune site
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Chemical or Geotechnical Engineering
• P. Eng or P.Geo status with APEGS
• 5-8 years’ experience, preferably in mining with 3-5 years’ experience managing environmental consultants. Potash experience considered an asset.
• Knowledge in geotechnical analysis, soil, pollutant control systems, pond liner systems and dispersion modeling
• Experience in Tailings Management and hydrogeological modelling
• Experience with ISO 14001 and 50001
• Excellent technical communicator and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams
• Thorough understanding of environmental engineering standards
• Excellent computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
• Strong planning, organization and problem solving skills.
• Must be able to travel to and from the Bethune mine site and perform field observations and monitoring as required.
• Driver’s license required.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by May 10, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
See yourself here, join the team!