K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Facilities Supervisor is responsible to manage various contractors on site, monitoring leadership, safety, and performance. The Facility Supervisor works with the other Maintenance Supervisors, Planners and contractors to coordinate the daily work assignments and works according to the weekly maintenance schedule. This individual is the daily interface between KSPC and our maintenance contractor partners.
The successful candidate will:
• Meet daily with the scaffolding and Facilities Maintenance contractor onsite leadership to discuss the day’s work fronts
• Assist the area Maintenance Supervisors with ensuring that there needs are met in regards to Maintenance contractors
• Prepare safe work permits as the requestor, attend daily permit coordination meetings with production.
• Inspect completed tasks for compliance to site standards and trade norms.
• Inspect work areas and audit crew SWP/LOTO/FLHAs/etc. and ensure all hazards are actively mitigated and communicated.
• Share feedback on completed jobs with the planner to ensure job plans are always being improved.
• Ensure schedule compliance and work with the production area Maintenance Coordinators regarding any priority break-in requests.
• Area owner to non-Process buildings and manage truck fleet
• Help to develop and gather information for contractor KPIs
• Support the Planners ensuring that there scheduling needs are met in regards to Maintenance contractors
• Identify any systematic or recurring issues with the Trade Execution Specialist, Reliability Specialist and/or Plant Engineering teams.
• Identify any required work instructions or job aids and assist the Trade Execution Specialist in development as necessary.
• Attend contractor tail boards and safety meetings on a regular basis
• Audit contractor permits, JSA’s FLHA etc.
• Assist in all safety incident investigations that Maintenance contractors reports have been involved in
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Journeyperson Trade or Engineering Technologist with 5+ years of combined experience.
• 5+ years’ experience in a heavy industrial process setting
• 2+ years’ technical supervisory experience
• 2+ years’ experience in conflict management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates well-developed and effective relationship building skills (participates in a team, actively shares knowledge, respects differences of opinions, receives feedback openly displays a reasoned perspective and brings resolution to issues while considering all areas of impact
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
• Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by April 25, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!