K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Summer Student, Environment
This position supports KSPC Environmental Professionals with their daily tasks to support the overall environmental performance, including compliance of the Bethune mine with provincial and federal acts and regulations. Responsibilities include supporting the development of environmental procedures, conducting inspections and investigations, environmental sampling and handling day to day environmental issues.
The successful candidate will:
• Assist with development of the environmental procedures
• Conduct environmental audits and inspections on site
• Assist with environmental testing, monitoring, data management and compliance tracking
• Assist with other HSSE projects and activities as required
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Currently enrolled in post-secondary studies with a focus in Environmental studies or engineering at an accredited university or technical institute
• Returning to full-time studies in the fall session
• Awareness of applicable Federal and Provincial Acts and Regulations
• Knowledge and experience in environmental monitoring
• Knowledge in health and safety workplace hazards, risks and controls
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexible attitude and willingness to learn
• Valid driver’s licence
• Position may be based in Saskatoon or at the Bethune Mine Site. If based in Saskatoon, approximately 50% of the time would be at the Bethune mine site.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by April 23, 2018.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!