K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Based in the Maintenance Workshop, the Student, Maintenance will be responsible for assisting the Maintenance & Reliability team with daily tasks such as: Daily housekeeping, manual and cabinet labeling, assist with materials coming to and from warehouse, cleaning trucks and organizing the yard and workshop. This is a term student role for four (4) months or to end of August.
The successful candidate will:
• Be committed to learning about the maintenance workshop and understanding the work environment
• Work around heavy equipment
• Work outdoors for long periods of time during summer months
• Work in hot/dusty conditions
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Enrolled in post-secondary studies, preferably in technology, trade, or related studies.
• Basic Microsoft Office and computer skills.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 35 kg. ie: valves, pipe fittings and miscellaneous equipment
• Eager to learn from others and to apply new information to work.
• Able to follow detailed directions
• Well-developed organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
• Willing to work within a team and to gain and apply maintenance experience.
• Understands signs or symbols (safety signs, labels, shipping or hazardous materials).
• Have experience working in an industrial setting.
• Have experience working around heavy equipment. For example, farming equipment.
• Safety awareness in working in an industrial environment
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by March 29, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!