K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Occupational Health Nurse
This is a 1-year temporary position. Part-time work arrangements can be considered.
This position will report to the Manager, Human Resources and is responsible for the providing of primary medical care for workplace injuries and support to employees with other non-work related ailments. During an emergency response event this position will be expected to implement first aid and medical treatment protocols and provide guidance to Emergency Response Team Members during an event.
The successful candidate will:
• Act as a resource to Internal Emergency Response Teams
• Provide treatment of work place related injuries and medical condition to employees and contractors
• Support Emergency Response Teams during an event with oversight of medical treatment and care
• Provide education to workforce on health and wellness
• Perform health tests as prescribed by the company
• Inspect and maintain equipment as prescribed by the manufacturer or company
• Provide and oversee immunization program
• Provide employer reports to Workers Compensation related to employee workplace injuries
• Liaise with Workers Compensation, retaining knowledge of current requirements and trends
• Monitor Workers Compensation cases and report as required to WCB and site management
• Liaise with family physicians, specialists and disability provider regarding workers injuries and illnesses, functional capabilities and physical demands analysis
• Manages the return to work process
• Provide reports and presentation to management on trends and current status of claims as required
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Post-secondary education in Nursing (RN Required)
• 3-5 years of experience in the nursing and medical field, with a focus in an industrial and occupational health setting
• Certification in Occupational Health Nursing Preferred, but not required.
• Experience with disability and claims management processes
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency with computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite)
• Working knowledge of safety, security and the environment
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by March 25.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!