K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Quality and Business Improvement Specialist
The Quality and Business Improvement Specialist is responsible to contribute to the success of the organization by developing, maintaining and improving KSPC’s Management Systems. This position will be focused on the effective and efficient implementation and maintenance of organization-wide processes related to the following areas: ISO 9001 Quality Management development and implementation; audit, risk and quality management; non-conformance and corrective action processes; quality control and assurance; operational risk management and management of change. The Quality and Business Improvement Specialist will also coordinate and facilitate the annual Corporate Management Review and lead the process for lessons learned and the improvement of core business processes.
The successful candidate will:
• Develop and maintain the structure and requirements of an integrated management system to ensure corporate and site objectives are incorporated and achieved
• Coordinate and facilitate cross-functional effort to develop, document, and optimize core business processes
• Lead the continuous improvement of core business processes in an effort to support creating the highest quality product
• Ensure alignment of the IMS program with overall corporate and site mandates and objectives
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Minimum of 8 years of combined experience with at least 5 focused specifically on the development, implementation and administration of quality or integrated management systems
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Quality, OH&S, Business, Commerce or related field
• Understanding of industrial operations, including the potential risks and exposures related to safety, environment and quality control
• Proven ability in the identification and implementation of leading edge integrated management system best practices, strategies and programs
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with various levels of stakeholders
• Trained as an ISO 9001:2015 lead auditor
• Very good knowledge of MS Office and Adobe
• Working knowledge of SAP an asset, particularly the QM and Task Management modules
• Experience with the ISO 9001 Certification process is essential
• Ability to apply analytical, statistical and problem solving skills
• Understanding of industry and internal quality standards and methodologies
• Ability to function effectively in a dynamic, diverse and fast-paced environment
• Self-motivated, able to establish and achieve objectives
• Knowledge of potash mining an asset
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
• Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by March 15, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
• Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our Legacy operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
• We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
• Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
• A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
o Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
o A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
o Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
• We have a competitive time off program including:
o PLUS days – five days (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
o Two extra days at two years of service and an additional three days at five years with our competitive vacation policy.
See yourself here, join the Saskatoon team!