K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw and Regina, Saskatchewan; and a potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. We acknowledge that our Saskatchewan offices and facilities are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 land. These are the territories of the Cree, Salteaux and Sioux, and the homeland of the Métis people. Our Port Moody operation is located on the land of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Kwikwetlam, Tsleil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam First Nations. Our organization is committed to having long lasting and deeply rooted relationships with Indigenous people and communities, and is proud to provide job and business opportunities for local people and businesses.
Reliability Specialist, Mechanical
Reporting to the Senior Reliability Specialist, the Mechanical Reliability Specialist guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment and safety systems. Will define, design and develop and refine the Asset Maintenance Plan including value-added preventive maintenance tasks, spare strategies, preservation strategies and effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems. Will own and maintain the Plant FRACAS process. Analyze and trend data to raise alerts on parts and equipment health for timely action by maintenance. Design and report out on key performance indicators for critical assets. Will conduct FMEA’s on new equipment based on criticality and constantly review existing FMEAS for any change in FMEA key assumptions.
- Create, implement and continuously improve Maintenance and Spare Part strategies for Mechanical assets, inclusive of:
- Establishment of Functional Location (FLOC) structure in SAP
- Equipment criticality analysis
- Facilitation and documentation of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Establishment of Bill of Material (BOM) Structure (broken down based on multiple level FLOCs).
- Request of any M-Numbers required associated with the Maintenance strategy, including definition of min/max stock and confirmation with MM that everything is set-up properly.
- Population of BOMs with equipment related M-numbers for materials and spare parts.
- Development of PM and PdM strategies, including all PM specific work instructions, templates and checklists (in collaboration with the Execution Specialist)
- Monitor and audit reliability initiatives and report out on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for high criticality and Bad Actor assets. Report on major risks to critical assets and facilitate the process of mitigating those risks in collaboration with Supervisors, Planners, Plant Engineers and Safety.
- Own the FRACAS facilitation function and be responsible for ensuring the information is correct, documented and stored in a structured way and is accessible on demand.
- Own the process of populating failure data in SAP, including corrections on failure codes, breakdown times and malfunction start and end times.
- Work with supervisor to align on failure code and identification code
- Support (as required) the maintenance team with strategy and planning of repetitive failures.
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- A.Sc, BSc. Mechanical, Industrial, or equivalent experience
- Reliability Centre Maintenance (RCM) certified
- Demonstrated mentoring and leadership skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Strong and fluent written and verbal skills in English
- Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions and documents as well as ability to write technical reports and procedures
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and continually refine best-practice programs and policies related to subject matter
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment as applicable to subject matter
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by May 15, 2022.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.