K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Predictive Maintenance Technician
Reporting to the Predictive Maintenance Supervisor and as part of the Reliability Team, the Predictive Maintenance Technologist will be involved with the commissioning baseline data collection and the Long Term operations of the Bethune Site. The primary component of this job is to collect vibration data using the state of the art CSI 2140 units and downloading the information into the Machinery Health software. Analysis and report generation is part of the task and here is where the Team’s expertise is leveraged hence it is important to be a team player. Included with field vibration data collection will be manual data collection for oil analysis, infrared thermography, ultrasonic testing and collected data interpretation in the form of reports to key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will:
• Perform routine Condition Monitoring Tasks on all rotating equipment using Vibration, Thermography and Airborne Ultrasonic analysis
• Conduct extensive analysis on critical equipment using all available PdM technologies, as well as Lubrication and Process Condition Data
• Troubleshoot and diagnose machine defects and recommend remedial measures
• Analyze machine trends and report any deviation in equipment condition using SAP
• Compile monthly technical reports for all process critical equipment.
• Compile one-off PdM reports for specific equipment when necessary (commissioning, Failure analysis, RCM etc.)
• Participate in Machinery Health Analysis
• Review and update equipment database for PdM
• Interface with Area Leads, Reliability Specialists and Commissioning / QA/QC for equipment baselines, corrective actions and machinery health
• Perform equipment baseline and validate against ISO and site process standards
• Communicate the results of online inspections and risks related to identified issues.
• Evaluate where the equipment is situated on the failure curve and initiate the corrective actions (i.e. communicating issues to Maintenance/ Operations and creating work requests)
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Vibration Analysis Category II or higher
• Thermography Level 1 or higher
• Experience in using Predictive Maintenance Strategies for 3-5 years
• Mechanical Engineering Technologist diploma or equivalent preferred
• Journeyperson Trades experience is an asset
• Demonstrates ability to analyze data and make recommendations based on findings
• Demonstrates well-developed and effective relationship building skills (participates in a team, actively shares knowledge, respects differences of opinions, receives feedback openly displays a reasoned perspective and brings resolution to issues while considering all areas of impact
• Organizes his/her day to ensure tasks are completed to meet predetermined inspection frequencies so we are confident that we know the condition of our assets
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in using CMMS (SAP experience is an asset)
• General proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
• Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by March 3, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!