K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Asset Accounting, this position is responsible to ensure and evaluate the proper accounting treatment of complex investment allocations and assist in critical asset management activities. It includes accounting analysis and performance of leases as well review of monthly reconciliation related to lease accounts under IFRS 16 leases. This position will work closely with the management of area to provide accurate information through analysis to support strategic decisions of the finance group.
The successful candidate will:
• Perform asset accounting in compliance with the existing requirements of the K+S Group and International Financial Reporting Standards
• Enter transactions on a daily basis in the SAP system in accordance with company protocol
• Establish asset account assignments through document review and discussions with technical staff
• Process monthly, quarterly and annual non-routine transactions as required
• Assist in review of complex transactions
• Research relevant accounting standards and prepare documentation for conclusions reached
• Review asset account assignments and capitalizations as required to ensure compliance with the K+S Group and International Financial Reporting Standards
• Work closely with Contractors and technical staff to develop asset listings for final capitalization
• Analyze assets on a case by case basis to determine if component approach is applicable
• Identify complex areas requiring additional analysis for asset classification purposes
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• 5-8 years of Accounting experience (Financial Accounting, Asset Accounting, Auditing)
• Professional Accounting Designation (CPA)
• Accounting experience of large-scale investment projects
• Experience in an industrial setting considered a strong preference
• Experience in SAP (FI, CO, IM, MM, PM and LE modules)
• Demonstrated experience with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, including Excel
• Sound theoretical business management knowledge including expert knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by March 8, 2019.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
See yourself here, join the team!