K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group, an international resources company. KSPC has headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility called Bethune mine, located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. When Bethune mine opened in 2017, it became the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. KSPC is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
This is a full-time, two-year temporary position scheduled to end in March 2021.
Reporting to the Superintendent Operations Training, the Training Specialist will design and build training content and materials using best practices in adult and engaged learning principles to support the development of competent, innovative and high performing employees. This position supports and helps communicate the overall global training strategy and how it is applied at KSPC to organize, build, track and validate learning and development for employees. The position supports the standardization of training content and assessments and the use of competency-based models across the organization.
The successful candidate will:
• Identify and develop relationships with subject matter experts and area training leads to support development of training content with an emphasis on needs assessment/analysis, curriculum design, tools, and delivery solutions, including use of evaluations and competency assessments.
• Assess learning needs, identify knowledge/skills gaps, and provide learning solutions.
• Analyze content and identify appropriate instructional media, design learning activities, develop interactive components, design and create assessments to confirm transfer of knowledge and competence.
• Create and construct content in an online environment using Articulate software as the design tool.
• Participate in establishing course development schedules and advise on setting priorities for projects and activities.
• Ensure quality and adherence to legislated industry mining standards, operating procedures and standards, and continuous improvement principles.
• Support the maintenance of the learning management system (SAP LSO) and processes across multiple areas.
• Support the training team on the development, implementation and communication of training ISO standards.
• Provide back-up support to leaders and employees on how to use the LSO effectively and efficiently.
• Working with Superintendent, Operations Training monitor and review competency to ensure “end result” training is effective and efficient provide feedback, retraining etc., as required.
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a related field, preference for Human Resources (with specialization in training), Adult Education, and/or Instructional Design.
• 5-8 years of experience in instruction and applied learning methods (e.g. train the trainer, competency models, on the job training) and understands and applies instructional design techniques, using e-learning systems (Articulate preferred).
• Demonstrates highly effective communication skills (group facilitation, presentations, training, and writing) and influencing skills (with all levels of an organization).
• Demonstrated critical thinking and project management skills.
• Well-developed organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy and demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet milestones.
• Comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by February 22, 2018.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!