K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group Company, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. Bethune mine, formerly known as the Legacy Project, is the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. The Bethune mine has created new job opportunities for Saskatchewan workers and new business opportunities for Saskatchewan companies supplying goods and services to this major economic development. All sales and distribution of the potash produced at the Bethune mine will be carried out through the K+S Group’s experienced and well-established global distribution structures. K+S Potash Canada is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers for 2018. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
This is a two-year temporary full-time position.
Reporting to the Superintendent Operations Training, the Training Administrator is responsible for the coordination of employee training at KSPC and the administration and maintenance of employee training records in a learning management system. This position supports the learning activities of the training team, and participates in creating and implementing training programs across the organization. An understanding of and experience with adult learning, including best practices, principles and tools as well as experience working with learning management systems is preferred.
The successful candidate will:
• Administer the end to end training process and ensure the accuracy of data in the learning management system
• Provide learning management system training and support for users
• Liaise with learning management system administrators and IT technicians at other K + S companies, in particular experts in Germany
• Develop and maintain training communications and liaise with Communications specialists on communication and marketing requirements
• Maintain core documents for in-house and external training materials, including paper and electronic materials and ensure version control
• Convert paper/electronic documents into Articulate and upload into the learning management system for access by learners
• Liaise with vendors/instructional designers/contractors as required
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Degree or Diploma in business administration, education or human resources
• 1-3 years of experience with an aptitude for technology and data management systems
• Demonstrated expertise in the use of computer software products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat
• Knowledge and experience working with database systems or learning management systems, including process of creating curricula structures is needed
• Well-developed organizational skills including the ability to coordinate and prioritise a wide range of tasks
• Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal and written) and the ability to communicate with external clients and vendors and co-workers and leaders within the company
• Knowledge of adult learning principles and best practices is preferred
• Experience working with learning management or registration systems
• Familiarity with Articulate and HTML would be an asset
• Experience facilitating to small groups would be an asset
• Experience working in a mining, manufacturing or plant environment considered an asset
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply early; however, posting will remain active until the position is filled.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!