K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group Company, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. Bethune mine, formerly known as the Legacy Project, is the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. The Bethune mine has created new job opportunities for Saskatchewan workers and new business opportunities for Saskatchewan companies supplying goods and services to this major economic development. All sales and distribution of the potash produced at the Bethune mine will be carried out through the K+S Group’s experienced and well-established global distribution structures. K+S Potash Canada is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers for 2018. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
This a full-time, temporary position until the end of 2019.
This position is responsible for on-site administration of contracts and purchase orders as they relate to goods and services required by KSPC’s Project and Technologies Group. The Contracts Specialist will work with key stakeholders in order to understand their requirements and administer awarded contracts. This role will have a direct impact on the costs and profitability of K+S Potash Canada.
The successful candidate will:
• Serve as primary contact ensuring all aspects of assigned contracts are met and to establish key requirements, measures and protocols to mitigate risks.
• Support the revision of existing, and development of new, contract administration policies and procedures.
• Guide Capital Project and Technologies group on Procurement Policies and Procedures.
• Understand and align to strategies, priorities and plans.
• Participate in progress meetings and monitor schedules.
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities within the sourcing process.
• Evaluate, recommend and administer contract changes to ensure effective change management and mitigate financial implications.
• Manage commercial activities related to assigned contracts to ensure consistency with contract terms and conditions.
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Experienced in administering complex construction and other major capital project contracts.
• Must have Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree or a professional designation in Business, Accounting, Supply Chain Management or a related field.
• 7+ years’ of experience in the contracts field for multiple large projects.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Supply Chain Certification, SCM Diploma, SCMP Designation considered an asset.
• SAP knowledge considered an asset.
• Experience with various types of contracts pertaining to goods and services.
• Knowledge of legislation and regulatory environment as it relates to construction, purchasing and supply chain management.
• Strong communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to influence and negotiate.
• Presentation and Facilitation skills.
• Ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional teams.
• Commitment to achieving results in a fast paced changing environment.
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
• Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required.
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by December 14th.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
See yourself here, join the team!