K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group Company, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. Bethune mine, formerly known as the Legacy Project, is the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. The Bethune mine has created new job opportunities for Saskatchewan workers and new business opportunities for Saskatchewan companies supplying goods and services to this major economic development. All sales and distribution of the potash produced at the Bethune mine will be carried out through the K+S Group’s experienced and well-established global distribution structures. K+S Potash Canada is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers for 2018. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
The Electrical Designer supports the Capital Projects and Technology Team to develop Electrical Designs, and controls the preparation, modification and management of Electrical deliverables, and data.
This is a 2 year temporary full-time position.
The successful candidate will:
• Generate and supply of all project relevant Electrical documents and data on demand.
• Manage other contracted resources, including Electrical Designers when executing Engineering in house. Overall task coordination of Electrical designers to maintain project schedules and overall efficiency.
• Checking of Electrical Deliverables
• Develop engineering hours estimates and resource requirements for projects for Electrical designer/drafting scope.
• Control and coordinate K+S Electrical drawing standards from 3rd Parties.
• Work with the Electrical Lead Engineer to develop the required Electrical design.
• Generate and Update the Electrical Portion of the 3D Plant model.
• Review Vendor equipment packages.
• Develop Electrical Room/Cable Tray/Junction box Layouts for new and existing installations
• Provide quantities from the 3D Model to develop MTO reports.
• Generate Innovative Electrical designs and layouts that can have a positive impact on CAPEX, Constructability, Maintainability, and Operations.
• Complete Electrical calculations for cable sizing, and heat tracing.
• Apply all local Electrical codes & standards where required.
• Contribute to Electrical drawing standards for contractors and internal.
• Convert Electrical drawings to and from contractor and K+S Systems when required.
• Participate in Engineering Reviews
• Field verification of existing and as-built Electrical installations.
• Ensure coordination with other disciplines.
• Periodic travel to the Bethune mine site
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Completed technical program in CAD/CAM Engineering Technology, Engineering Design and Drafting Technology, or Equivalent Technology Program.
• Excellent working knowledge of AVEVA (PDMS, Engineering, AE), AutoCad and Navisworks Simulate required.
• Excellent MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, Adobe Photoshop skills required
• 10-20 years’ experience in heavy industrial engineering design. Specific experience with design of potash facilities is considered an asset.
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
• Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required.
To be considered for this position, please apply by November 30, 2018.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
See yourself here, join the team!