K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group Company, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. Bethune mine, formerly known as the Legacy Project, is the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. The Bethune mine has created new job opportunities for Saskatchewan workers and new business opportunities for Saskatchewan companies supplying goods and services to this major economic development. All sales and distribution of the potash produced at the Bethune mine will be carried out through the K+S Group’s experienced and well-established global distribution structures. K+S Potash Canada is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers for 2018. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
The Instrumentation & Controls Engineer is responsible for general instrumentation and controls design and analysis, field engineering, QA/QC monitoring, and commissioning support for the Capital Projects and Technology Group. The position supports K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) for Capital Projects in Canada in resolving I&C technical issues, complete detailed I&C design, coordination of interfaces between internal technical resources and external technical bodies, and analysis of proposed I&C specification or philosophy changes. The I&C Engineer will be responsible for driving forward sound and standardized design and construction of I&C assets.
This position is based in Saskatoon and requires 1-2 days a week presence at site.
The successful candidate will:
• Review and/or develop instrumentation and controls engineering drawings and documents in line with requirements relating to feasibility, standards, codes and K+S Potash Canada’s quality specifications. Work closely together with an EPCM engineering & execution consultants, design partners and other contractors.
• Evaluate new and existing technologies for their applicability to K+S Potash Canada’s I&C Canadian infrastructure.
• Provide overall I&C engineering discipline leadership with respect to specification development, plant standardization, correction of systemic technical issues, and key decision making.
• Lead the I&C engineering discipline within the K+S Potash Canada Capital Project and Technology Engineering group ensuring suitable technical support is provided to stakeholders.
• Project Management of K+S Potash Canada’s projects in line with this position’s area of technical expertise and/or projects of a defined level of complexity or scope, including cost and budget estimating.
• Ensure the proper deployment, standardization and use of software design and analysis tools.
• In conjunction with peers, maintain, update, and define K+S Potash Canada’s design specifications and core documents for I&C scope.
• Ensure quality of I&C engineering and design for internally and externally executed designs.
• Coordinate with drafting supervision and technical engineers to design, maintain and/or modify installations in conjunction with KSPC’s management of change procedures.
• Provide mentoring and guidance to ensure technical solutions and approaches are practical, timely, and economical.
• Provide technical support for K+S Potash Canada’s Plant Control System’s and all associated networks (Controls Network, Fire Alarm System, Access Control, VOIP, CCTV).
• Ensure that construction and commissioning meets the design requirements by being involved in construction walk-downs and observation reports.
• Commitment to and promotion of KSPC’s values and ensuring the realization of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering. Stamping and Sealing of Professional Engineering Design required.
• 8-12 years of experience.
• Experience with AVEVA Instrumentation and Electrical Software Packages.
• Experience with Project Management.
• Potash Experience is strongly preferred.
• On site field experience with construction, commissioning and maintenance.
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
• Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by November 23, 2018.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!