K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group Company, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. Bethune mine, formerly known as the Legacy Project, is the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. The Bethune mine has created new job opportunities for Saskatchewan workers and new business opportunities for Saskatchewan companies supplying goods and services to this major economic development. All sales and distribution of the potash produced at the Bethune mine will be carried out through the K+S Group’s experienced and well-established global distribution structures. K+S Potash Canada is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers for 2018. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
Health and Safety Specialist
Provide expertise and support to the operations and projects teams by leading the identification of health and safety risks and controls to eliminate or mitigate those risks. The Health and Safety Specialist develops, facilitates and oversees the implementation of specific procedures and processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will:
• Act as a proactive change agent to create an ownership based safety culture.
• Interface with operations and projects employees and contractors to ensure that Health and Safety standards are adhered to at the Bethune Mine Site.
• In the event of emergencies or equipment failures, act as a technical resource, as part of the responding team.
• Assist in the development, implementation and facilitation of the Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality (HSSEQ) management system.
• Develop, review and implement safe work plans, ensuring company and employee exposure to risks are either eliminated or minimized.
• Conduct HSSE audits and inspect the application and effectiveness of policies, procedures and standards in the field. Develop audit recommendations and assist in the development of corrective action plans, in consultation with management and stakeholders.
• Lead, participate and review investigations of incidents and ensure effective investigations are conducted and corrective and preventative actions are applied.
• Assist and coach Contract Owners on requirements for contractor mobilization and management processes.
• Coach Contract Owners on the monitoring of health and safety practices and procedures.
• Assist in the development of budgets and schedules.
• Assist in the development, implementation and facilitation of the HSSE training materials and programs.
• Maintain knowledge of current workplace safety strategies, trends and technologies.
• Coach, train and monitor health and safety related performance of the site.
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or Construction Safety Officer.
• 8+ years of applied work experience with 5+ years focusing in Health & Safety Management, preferably in a mining or industrial operations.
• Experience in project management including developing work scopes for contractors and consultants.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholder groups.
• Thorough understanding of the Employment Act, OHS Regulations and Mines Regulations and other applicable regulations, codes and standards.
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
• Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required.
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification and drug & alcohol testing.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!