K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) is part of the K+S Group Company, with headquarters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; a solution potash mine and production facility located near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; and a world-class potash handling and storage facility operated in partnership with Pacific Coast Terminals in Port Moody, British Columbia. Bethune mine, formerly known as the Legacy Project, is the first new potash mine in Saskatchewan in nearly fifty years. The Bethune mine has created new job opportunities for Saskatchewan workers and new business opportunities for Saskatchewan companies supplying goods and services to this major economic development. All sales and distribution of the potash produced at the Bethune mine will be carried out through the K+S Group’s experienced and well-established global distribution structures. K+S Potash Canada is proud to be recognized as one of both Saskatchewan’s and Canada’s Top Employers for 2018. For more information visit www.ks-potashcanada.com.
The Dredge Operator is part of the production team responsible for the safe operation of the Cooling Pond Dredge and which supplies Cooling Pond Area Equipment.
The successful candidate will:
• Monitor standard Dredge operating conditions such as alarms, set-point adjustments, operating parameters and adjust to ensure stable operation
• Troubleshoot and analyze process upset conditions to optimize Dredge output to meet production goals
• Input operational information into shift logs and enter maintenance notifications into SAP system (in house training provided) to initiate repairs
• Communicate with other Panel/Field Operators and Shift Supervisors to safely start up and shutdown process equipment
• Communicate with Maintenance Department to facilitate work including repairs, dredge moves and slurry line positioning
• Perform routine checks on equipment, minor maintenance and troubleshooting
• Isolate and Lock Out process equipment for maintenance work and safe return of equipment to service
• Input operational information into shift logs (communication between Dredge Operators working alternating shifts)
• Perform area cleanup as required to maintain high housekeeping standards and limit maintenance and reliability tasks in the area as required
• Provide operational assistance through pre-commissioning / commissioning / start up stages in conjunction with commissioning and Start-Up team, initial requirement to assist with development of work instructions and procedures for dredge operation
• Review and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures, Lock Out Lists, and Commissioning Procedures for area
Cooling Pond – This includes the Dredge and slurry pumping systems
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
• 3+ years’ operating an industrial dredge
• Additional mobile equipment operation is considered an asset
• Potash or solution mining experience considered an asset
• Ability to do minor repair and maintenance (identifying problems and operational issues, greasing, etc.)
• Demonstrates flexibility in uncertain situations
• Mitigates risks within work area, capable of SAFE, independent work
• Demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve work issues that arise
• Demonstrates logic and sound reasoning in solving routine issues
• Evaluates options and chooses the best course of action in making decisions
• Self-motivated and team focused, interaction with Production and Maintenance teams
• Ensures that employees follow and meet health, safety and security procedures
• Experience with operating control system (i.e. PCS)
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
• Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by November 22, 2018.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
• Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!