• Manage the Wellfield workover area costs and oversee the work of internal and external consultants
• Provide supervision and mentorship in the wellfield services area
• Lead performance management of direct reports Workover and Logging Supervisor(s)
• Coordinate with Primary Mining Superintendent to ensure wells are prepared and maintained to meet mining targets and to ensure data requirements are met
• Mitigate risks by developing requirements to complete maintenance on wells working
• Ensure environmental and safety regulations and policies are adhered to
• Implement the drilling and downhole services program on time and on budget
• Effectively supervises resources within their control, minimize waste and risk to the operation
• Exercise control for all budget (Financial management and Cost management)
• Continually strive to improve and optimize the drilling and downhole services processes
• Support the continuous improvement of the drilling and wellfield services operations through attendance at technology conferences and trade shows
The successful candidate will:
• Demonstrated leadership ability with 3 years supervisory experience
• 5-8 years of experience in an industrial setting is a requirement with preference to oil and gas experience
• Technical Diploma in Petroleum or Industrial Field preferred
• Knowledge of operations and safety in a mobile equipment/industrial setting is required
• Able to communicate daily operational goals in both verbal and written form
• Displays a reasoned perspective and brings resolution to issues while considering all areas of impact
• Able to manage workover schedules and coordinate contractors to accomplish tasks
• Requires advanced trouble shooting skills in the technical area of oil well logging and service rigs
• Detailed knowledge of methodologies and technologies as they relate to oil well servicing
• Demonstrates strong knowledge and acts as safety ambassador for workover area as well as part of the KSPC leadership team
K+S Potash Canada recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Qualifying requirements for this role:
• Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
• Successful candidates must be eligible to travel outside of Canada as travel may be required
Successful candidates may be entitled to relocation assistance.
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug & alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by January 29th.
Amazing Opportunities at K+S Potash Canada while building your career.
Good People and Great Culture
• Have the opportunity to be part of a team committed to building a new and diverse culture. At KSPC we are growing our operations, delivering exciting new opportunities, and investing heavily in the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
• We support your growth potential (support of professional development) and recognition of performance.
• Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay for Performance philosophy that includes two components, fixed (base) pay and short term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
• A comprehensive, employer paid, benefits program which includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental as well as competitive Retirement benefits PLUS great extras such as:
• Paid work time to help out in your Community (volunteer with a sports team or a charity of your choice) and company money to allocate to your favourite charity!
• A Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, and the Wellness Account covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and can help pay for your gym membership.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program: supporting health at work, home and in life through counselling and various online services.
• We have a competitive time off program including:
• PLUS days – up to (40 hours) to use as needed (take care of the unexpected, enjoy a long weekend or have a “me” day.)
• 16 additional hours at two years of service and an additional 24 hours at five years of service with our competitive vacation policy.
Ground-Breaking New Site
• Opportunity to work in a new facility with optimal use of technology
See yourself here, join the team!